This recipe is for the big project bakers or anyone that’s looking for a fun challenge: Raaka chocolate maker Katherine’s Heart Shaped Choux with Chocolate Crèmeux and Pecan Praline! Choux is a French style pastry dough commonly used for profiteroles, cream puffs, and eclairs. But don’t be intimated! The process does require your full attention, but if you follow instructions you’ll have a beautiful, twice-cooked pastry dough that you can be proud of. This recipe calls for our Classic Dark Baking Chocolate for the crèmeux. If you make these, we would love to see it. Send us an email or tag us on Instagram!
Heart shaped Choux pastry:
225 grams water
110 grams unsalted butter
1 pinch of sea salt
148 grams all-purpose flour
50 grams unsalted butter
50 grams white sugar
50 grams flour
red food coloring (optional)
Dark chocolate Crémeux:
140 grams Raaka Classic Dark Baking Chocolate
125 grams cream
60 milliliters whole milk
30 grams cane sugar
touch of vanilla (optional)
- 100 grams chopped pecans
- 100 grams cane sugar
- 20 grams water
- pinch of sea salt
- touch of vanilla (optional)
Heart shaped Choux Pastry:
1. In a saucepan, add the water, butter, salt and mix until the butter has melted.
2. Add the previously sifted flour to the mixture and cook over low heat until it forms a crust in the pan and it all comes off easily.
3. When the dough is ready, pour it into a container to cool down a bit. Then we add the eggs one by one, since we want them all to integrate well.
4. Reserve the dough in a pastry bag.
5. preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. On a non-stick plate, form the hearts with the help of the pastry bag. you can do letters or whatever comes out of your heart!
1. Beat butter and sugar, just until they integrate a little and then add the flour, when they are mixed, add the dye.
2. Reserve in the fridge until use.
3. Stretch the dough with the help of a rolling pin and a little flour, it must be approximately half a millimeter thick.
4. Cut the dough using the same shape as the Pate Choux and place them on top. this will give them color and make them crispier.
5. Bake for 40 minutes at 340 degrees. one way to see they are ready is when they take off quickly.
Dark chocolate Crémeux:
1. Chop the chocolate and reserve.
2. In a saucepan pour the cream of milk, milk, sugar, egg and vanilla, mix over low heat while stirring continuously until it takes on a slightly thick texture.
3. Pour the mixture over the chopped chocolate and let stand for 1 minute.
4. With the help of a whisk, integrate until all the chocolate is melted.
5. Reserve the mixture in the cold inside a pastry bag.
1. In a saucepan pour sugar, water and vanilla, melt until small bubbles form and add the pecans. Mix continuously until a white layer forms, lower the heat and continue mixing until it melts again, add the salt and cool on a non-stick surface.
1. Cut the Choux in half, fill with the chocolate crèmeux and add the chopped pecan praline on top, close it with the other half and is ready to enjoy!