Look no further for your go-to vegan chocolate chip cookie. Alexander Roberts of Alexander Bakes has cracked the code with this simple and straight-forward recipe, which uses our rich and fruity Classic Dark Baking Chocolate to elevate the classic staple.
4oz / ¼ cup vegan butter (like Miyokos)
¼ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp oat milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ⅓ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¾ cup Raaka Classic Dark Baking Chocolate, chopped
1. Cream butter, both sugars, salt, and vanilla until fluffy, 2-3 min. Add 1 Tbsp oat milk and mix to combine.
2. Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder and mix on low until a crumbly dough forms.
3. Add chopped chocolate and mix until combined.
4. Scoop cookies with an ice cream scoop (around 3.5 Tbsp—just shy of ¼ cup or 60 grams). Place on baking sheet and press down half way.
5. Bake at 350° for 13-15 min, until spread and golden brown. Top with flaky salt if desired.
👨🍳 Note: these bake best right after mixing, when the dough is room temp. If refrigerating leftover dough, bring it back to room temp before baking. ❤️🍪