The cinnamon-sweetest cookie of them all. Our friends at Just Date took two cinnamon-spiced classics and rolled into one soft, chewy cookie. The secret sauce here is three components: Just Date’s rich , butterscotch-like date sugar, Burlap & Barrel’s unbelievable Royal Cinnamon, and of course, our unroasted dark chocolate. The recipe calls for our Date Horchata bars, but if you didn’t snag them in time, our Maple Dark Chocolate will do more than fine. We love the dramatic kick of cinnamon these cookies have. You may never make snickerdoodle the old way again.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cups Just Date Sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 bars Raaka X Just Date Horchata Chocolate Bar, roughly chopped OR 1/2 cup Maple Dark Chocolate plus 2 tsp Burlap and Barrel Royal Cinnamon
¼ cup Organic Date Sugar
2 tsp Burlap and Barrel Royal Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, cream the softened unsalted butter and date sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the eggs (or egg replacer) one at a time and incorporate before adding the next egg. Then add pure vanilla extract and cream until smooth.
3. Add the cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, and mix until combined.
4. Add in half of the gluten-free flour and mix until just combined. Add the gluten-free flour's other half and mix until the dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chunks or Maple Dark Baking Chocolate chips. The dough will be sticky.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the ¼ cup of date sugar and ground cinnamon. Scoop out the cookie dough and roll the dough ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Flatten the cookie dough on a lined baking sheet 1-2 inches apart.
6. Bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes. Look for large cracks before removing them from the oven.